Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Not Feeling It, Buckhead

While at Photoshop World last week I insulted a famous photographer's hometown of Atlanta. I said that photography-wise, I didn't find a lot to photograph in the Buckhead area where I usually stay when traveling. So, this week, being in Atlanta I walked around Buckhead to see if I could find any shots...and I did. There are lots of big shinny buildings with great reflections to photograph. However, I still have to say that I don't get a good feel for Atlanta like I would for cities like Chicago, San Francisco, New York, Boston and the like. Now, to be fair, I rarely get a chance to go to downtown Atlanta and there might be some interesting areas to shoot down there. I bet there are some great historical areas and museums. However, I am usually stuck in Buckhead when traveling for work. So, while I really like the shot posted here with all the angles, colors and the flag, I still have to say, naa....I'm still not feeling it, Buckhead.