Tuesday, August 2, 2016

1965/1966 Ford Mustang...its where we fell in love....


This was my first car. I had a 1965 Ford Mustang in white with black back seats and red bucket seats in the front. This car is very close so I am guessing it might be the 1966 version? I did not have such a large console in-between the seats but maybe that is an after market add on? I met my wife, Cheryl in that car so I should not have sold it. Great car. Saw it (and lots of other Mustangs) at the auto show at Joliet Auto Speedway where the Davern car was racing last weekend. Gave Cheryl a ride home back in 1974 in that car with my cousin Jim on the way home from swim practice. (She was a swim timer). As we had others sitting in the back seat, she sat on the console. Did a lot of hard right hand turns on the way home so she would fall in my lap. Wow. Broke a lot of laws, come to think of it. But that is the car and that is how we met.