Wednesday, February 28, 2018

New York Frame of Mind---Veteran's Day Parade

While walking in New York in 2015, I came across a parade on Veteran's Day and caught the V-J Kiss just passing me, not all the far from where the picture was actually taken in Times Square a little over 70 years previously. I grabbed the camera and got a shot just as the float passed by. I have taken shots of a 25-foot version of that statue both in Saratoga and San Diego--although it might have been the same statue moving around on tour. Surprisingly, the statue doesn't stand in Times Square, where the original picture was taken, although it was there for a few months earlier in 2015. I missed that shot. I think there is another version of this statue in Key West. That sounds like it would be worth tracking down.