Thursday, July 12, 2018

Model Behavior

I always hesitate to call these shots totally mine when I am at a photo class. I didn't hire the model or set the pose. However, I did do a lot of original things with this particular shot so it is a bit of my style. This shot was from a Michael Anthony photo class that I took over the past two days. Michael is an amazing wedding and portrait photographer working out of Los Angles and doing fantastic work out there. This class was on off-camera lighting and how to overpower the sun to get a dramatic shot. While Michael was shooting up the length of the veil to my left, I shifted to put the sun in the frame and switched to my brand new Sigma fisheye lens. It distorts the image but gives a wonderful view when used from very low and very high angles. The original shot is shown below. Obviously, extensively edited, but I knew I would like the shot from the moment I hit the shutter. The editing balanced the lighting on her dress, fixed the hair, smoothed the skin, added drama to the skies, cropped, took out some of the distortion in the body and removed the light stands from my lights and the other photographers. Fun shot and wonderful model.