Sunday, September 17, 2023

Spooky Path (not so much) and Spooky Path (AI)

 


The shot below is my real shot. I came upon this path and it felt a little bit spooky. I was walking by myself in Midewin Tallgrass Prairie looking for birds and I thought this would make a nice spooky sort of shot....but it really wasn't all that spooky. The trees overhang only half the path (from the right side) and there are sign posts that point the way. Those posts are easy to remove but making trees on the other side of the path would normally be a chore and mostly beyond my photoshop skills. I could try to clone the one side over to the other side but it would be a pain. Not worth it for a throw-away shot. However, with Phothoshop AI, all I had to do was select the left side of the image and type in spooky trees and...done. Did a little clean up. Took out the poles and now I have the shot above, indicating a spooky walk through this forest. Photoshop AI is quite scary. If you have an idea, you can just type it in and the software creates it (or attempts to create it) for you. And this is only version one. Nothing you see in photos is real but this will really, really be the case with Photoshop AI.