Thursday, February 11, 2010

New York 8th Street




Took this shot walking down 8th street in New York city last fall. Wanted to get a little bit away from the tourist area and found this "gritty" view of a city sidewalk--and this shot won an award last night!!!

Joined a Naperville photography group a few months ago and entered my first photo competition. This club is an extremely talented group of long time photographers who get together to improve their photography skills. I entered this New York city scene and a few other shots. Did real well for a rookie as I got honorable mention on two pictures and almost walked away with the top prize with this print. Next step is that I submit my shots to the Chicago Area Camera Club Association Salon to be held on March 13th. Let you all know how it goes. Enjoy.