Sunday, June 5, 2016

Pristeen Magazine out-takes: afternoon session





When Jared popped in to check on us, I yelled, "Give me Igor from Young Frankenstein." He did. 



These shots were taken as part of a weekend seminar I attended in Chandler, Arizona, hosted by Jared Platt back in February.  It was an amazing experience. We got instruction and an incredible amount of time to work with professional models to hone our craft. This set of pictures were taken at the Ashley Castle in Chandler, Arizona, a wonderful venue for weddings with models from the Ford Agency. Pristeen Magazine, a teem lifestyle and fashion magazine, had the rights to use the photos for an issue on proms.  A few of my shots got selected. Wonderful experience and I can't wait to do it again.






Continuing on the photo shoot theme, I worked in front of the Castle and then with a couple of the male models in the garden in the rear. Working with models was very interesting. They just know how to move and you might direct them but mostly you told them to give you another move or look and then you would start to work with that pose. Very different than working with regular people who you need pose from the feet on up. However, the models sort of expect you to know what you are doing so you don't want to fiddle with the settings on your camera. By the end of the day, I felt like I really had the hang of it.