Thursday, January 26, 2023

I missed this one from last year

 


While cleaning up some files from last year, I came across this beauty, which I somehow missed in looking for my best shots of last year. I have to put this one up near the top and maybe it should have won my internal contest for shot of the year. I love the foreground, mid-ground and background views in this shot. The only detractor is that it is a famous shot from a famous location and I have seen this shot many times in guidebooks and on the web as it is the famous Mesa Arch in Canyonlands National Park and this is the location to take that shot as shooting straight at it doesn't have as nice a background. Plus, there were about 20 or 30 other people taking shots, most straight at it with someone standing in the center of the Arch. You have to work quickly to get a shot without anyone standing in the way. Anyway, despite being a famous shot, the only thing that would make it better would have been a more interesting sky, something you have no control over, unless you want to fake it (which is very easy to do in Photoshop, by the way). Anyway, love this shot and may have to print it out for the wall!!!