Thursday, June 20, 2019

Wrigley Field Pole-to-Pole

Realized this past year that I haven't been to Wrigley Field since starting my pole-to-pole project so I had a hometown Major League Stadium that I could check off the list with a visit to Wrigley Field. The problem is that I don't particularly like Wrigley Field as a venue to watch baseball. I do like a lot of the changes that have made to the stadium but it is old, the seats are small and the rows are narrow. Food is tucked away underneath the stadium and the bathrooms, while remodeled somewhat, are still among the worst in baseball, according to a recent survey. However, my White Sox were showing up to play the Cubs at Wrigley Field and I saw a perfect opportunity to go and watch my favorite team and get the pole-to-pole shot at the same time. I even asked Cheryl to come and after some moaning about hating baseball (what?) she decided to tag along. We had good weather, rare for this spring, and a White Sox winner. The Cubs took game two for a split of this initial 2 game series so we will get a second chance to see them again at Guaranteed Rate Field later this summer.

So, the net result was I got my shot and Cheryl even enjoyed the game. Not bad for a random Wednesday in June.