Wednesday, February 23, 2022

There will be growth in the Spring #9: Herald of the Spring

 


I was wondering when I would see my first Robin this year. Happened this weekend but that was because I was out doing some birding for the Great American Backyard Bird Count, which was held around the country this past weekend. The job is to go out and count birds for at least 15 minutes and record what you see on eBird, an app on your phone. Not sure what species you are seeing? Then you can use Merlin, another app, to help ID the bird. And, you don't have to just watch for birds in your backyard. The app will pick up your location no matter where you are. Anyway, this bird and about 20 of his mates were hanging around a berry tree for some late winter snacks. No worms on the menu just yet. I hadn't any great pictures of an American Robin as of yet as they are so common. This bird gave me a nice composition as most Robins that I see are see are on the ground, which is not a great picture. Anyway, saw this one and then today, I saw another Robin on a tree in front of the house this afternoon--so that really counts. There Heralds of Spring are here!!!