Sunday, April 24, 2022

A very Black Canyon

 


I had easily several thousand dollars worth of camera equipment either on my shoulder or a couple of feet away from me in the camper but sometimes the cell phone shot turns out best. Although you can't see down into the canyon in this shot, I like the sky and the rim of the canyon across the way. So, this is the Black Canyon of the Gunnison, our 5th of 6 national parks on this trip. I wasn't expecting to find an amazing national park here and we were pretty limited here anyway. Snow hit the park the day before and that closed the main road past the visitor center, but it was impressive none-the-less. After all the reds and browns in Utah, it was weird seeing all of this dark, volcanic rock back in Colorado. Not the best of the national parks, but we also didn't get to climb down into the canyon, which would have made for a workout on the way back up.