Sunday, February 25, 2018

New York Frame of Mind---NYC Model Shoot

I am nearing the end of my month of New York City shots and I am getting quite depressed as there are still lots more New York shots from my portfolio that I haven't posted!!! Oh well, maybe I will do it again in the future. It has been fun looking back over the many trips that I have taken to New York City, a place that I love to visit. This trip, back in October 2015, included a seminar that I attended, taught by Roberto Valenzuela, a world-class wedding photographer, author and educator with a wonderful way of teaching. I learned a lot in those two days, skills that I use every time I shoot. We did a day of classes and a day of shooting, including working with an excellent group of professional models, including world-class photographer in his own right, Collin Pierson, pictured in the center frame in the top group, doing an excellent job posing as a model himself. Collin is another fantastic wedding photographer based right here in Chicago who also works as an educator helping other photographers. This is a strange industry that even while struggling under the pressure from wedding guests with cell phones, still has many of the top professionals working to teach others how to improve their craft. I am very grateful and indebted to their help.