Saturday, October 27, 2018

Artsy Scarecrow

I was feeling a little "artsy" this morning so I took a very plain, boring Halloween decoration shot and played with some photo filters to get this shot above. I wish I could actually draw something like this but for now, it is creating art with photography. Took maybe 10 minutes to get the shot they way I wanted. Would have been quicker but I played around with different options. My smile is a big as the scarecrow's right now, so I like this shot.

The starting shot didn't have much going for it so it was crying out for a filter. Here is the before shot:


I started with a brightening of the colors to make the shot pop, but felt like it still needed more:

The shot below could be a finished shot but I thought that the background is now too messy and distracting.


Lastly, to reduce the background I blurred it out some to get the final shot. This, I hope made the scarecrow subject stand out a bit more from the background: