Monday, December 31, 2018

Shot of the Year-- The Badlands


My original post from back in September: This shot is a composite of 18 separate shots that I took and therefore it was a huge file and difficult to load to Blogger and Facebook. I think it might be my shot of the year as the colors and landscape in the Badlands was spectacular at this location. You have some yellow from the Yellow Mounds and some red above that with grassland mixed in under a blue sky. Wonderfully fun shot to take. I shot a strip of 3 HDR shots (dark, average and light) across 6 vertical panoramic slices, all handheld and then stitched together in Lightroom. Anyway, enough technical stuff. It is a beautiful landscape and right now is my shot of the year candidate.

New comment: This is my shot of the year although I don't have any one shot that I really, really think is better than all the others. It certainty took work as this is a composite of 18 separate shots. It still is difficult to upload as it is such a big file, even through I am degrading it to make a smaller file. Hard to give an impression of the Badlands that meet the view that you have there in person. A 360 view of that horizon is amazing. This shot is the closest I can come. Hope you enjoy.