Sunday, March 29, 2020

Old Time Shots

I have been shooting pictures for a long time. This one, for example, goes all the way back to....2017. Ok, so, not that far. Was playing with filers and made this beautiful baby blue Hudson (see yesterday's post) into a faded black and white. The beauty is parked in front of the Blue Swallow Motel in Tucumcari, New Mexico. Actually, I have been shooting since high school from what I remember. So that would be back in 1974 or 1975 or thereabouts. Shot with a Minolta, back then but even then, I always wanted to be a Nikon shooter. I still have the Minolta. Haven't used it in decades. Maybe I should stick some film in it and see if it still works? Might be fun to try actually. I loved the satisfying click that it would make as the shutter opened and closed. They replicate that sound, best they can, in modern cameras, but it is not the same. When I shot weddings, I got to be real good in taking the film out and putting a new role back in as quickly as possible. Anyway, have to buy some film first. I will give it a go next time we are out of the house.