Thursday, January 7, 2021

Washington DC--a city I love to visit

 


I was about to start a series of pictures with strong colors as a theme, but I needed to post this one first, after what happened yesterday. This is one of my all-time favorite shots. Just love visiting Washington DC. So much to see and do. Funny that normally you can't take any photos in the tours they offer inside the Capitol but yesterday, protesters with cell phones were filming their own crimes. Yes, many were peaceful and expressing a right to protest but not those who got violent and broke the law. The cell phone pictures will serve them justice. Anyway, want to stay apolitical here as much as I can so I just like this shot. Wish I could go back there this April and get this same shot with the Cherry Blossoms blooming. That would be the way to make this better. However, for now, I like it as it is. Wonderful place to visit and it will be so again. This shot was taken back in 2007.