Sunday, January 13, 2019

Pullman Car in Red

I posted this shot before although I wasn't all that happy with it. It was a throwaway shot of some model train cars. However, I have been having some fun with this new software I bought that allows you to turn your images, using editable filters, into paintings and that gave this shot new life. The original shot out of the camera is here:

It's no great shakes and the train store was rather dark and the scene rather boring. I did some light editing, mostly sharpen and brighten it up and I published it a month or so ago as this shot:

It's an ok shot but nothing special. The new version with the enhanced filter above is more the look I was going for when I took the shot. I was thinking old time toy that a boy might love. That is how the shot looks today. Anyway, with digital photography, the shot is never done. Sometimes I go for realism. Other times fantasy. By the way, the software I used is provided by Topaz Studio and although expensive if you buy all the different programs, it is worth it if you are trying to come up with something everyday to publish!!! This particular hobby shop is located in Medina, Ohio, a cute little suburb south of Cleveland.