Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Tower of London

Until I get to start traveling again, it is back to the old pictures drawers to see what is in there. This one is from my sabbatical trip to Europe with the family to see Nina, who way back in 2006 was studying in Paris. We hit London on the way back and got to spend 2 days there. We were all pretty tired of traveling by that point and we did try to leave for home early but too hard to get 5 tickets back home. Now of course, I am glad we got to see London because who knows if we will ever get another chance? There are so many places I haven't seen so it is hard to go back to places you have been to already. I would love to see Iceland and Ireland and northern Europe. Now, Florence I would go back to but then I would also love to go to Greece. Instead, this year it is national parks--which are great as well and I want to see all of them eventually in the continental US. Too hard to get to the ones in Alaska and Hawaii. Anyway, given time and enough funds (both in scarce supply) we do what we can.