Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Shots of the Year #10 -- Shenandoah National Park

 


I only did three trips this year for work and all of them were by car. This one was a stretch as I decided last week to drive to Philadelphia rather than fly, trying to stay safe from COVID as I was going to be inside a 10 day window that bumped into Christmas. Anyway, on the way home, I decided to take a roundabout route that took me through the Shenandoah National Park, the 16th national park that I have hit so far. (I also nicked in the 17th park as my route north towards home cut through the New River Gorge National Park.) Anyway, Shenandoah is a wonderful park. Lots of overlooks over the Shenandoah Valley and lot of hikes that didn't look too steep although I am sure a couple were more challenging. Probably smarter to go there in the spring and fall as the winter trees don't give the best views (which is why I had practically had the whole 100 mile plus park to myself), but I enjoyed the ride and the sudden opportunity to grab and extra two parks on the way home. This shot is one of my favorites from the trip and good enough to make it on the list for the potential shot of the year.