Tuesday, January 25, 2022

January is the for the Birds #15: Myna in Maui

 

I was in Hawaii way back in 2011 and this Myna Bird stopped by to visit. I didn't figure out it was a Myna Bird until Covid times as this was just one of those shots I would randomly take while traveling. "Oh, a bird!" Snap. Now I look for those opportunities, be it in the backyard or in the neighborhood or, if life reopens again, while traveling. Hope to see a Myna Bird again. Pretty bird. A little fierce looking, I think. I shot this with my Nikon D700 while sitting on a park bench checking emails. I think the hut was selling tourist trinkets and was a bit below me as you could walk past it towards the beach. Anyway, interesting that I got to do all this birding before I even became a birder. Now I have shots from all over the country randomly with various from various locations. Looking forward to trying to get some bird shots on purpose once again.