Tuesday, December 31, 2019

My Shot of the Year---Girl with Cherry Blossom Bloom

My favorite shot of the year is this shot from last April of a young lady in Washington DC taking pictures of the cherry blossoms near the Tidal Basin. Her dress matched the look of the blossoms, especially after the application of a filter that brought out the colors. I think I missed the peak bloom or perhaps it was a weaker bloom this year as there was a late cold snap that took away from this past year's display, but this shot made up for it, at least in my opinion. My two granddaughters disagree, not liking that I took a picture of a stranger. For me, the light, the pose and all the pedals scattered over the ground made up for the fact that you can't see her face, which isn't the point of the picture anyway. I knew I got the shot when I saw her go for her own shot of some of the pedals. Maybe the kids are right but this is still my favorite shot for 2019. Hope you enjoyed all the shots this year. More to come, hopefully, in 2020!