Monday, December 23, 2019

Shots of the Year---Rattlesnake Ridge

I don't know if this is really, really good or really, really bad. I hiked up Rattlesnake Ridge with Sammy Wroblewski in November from the parking lot in the bottom left in this shot up to the top of this ridge. It took about an hour to get from that spot up to the top. A good, tough hike. I carried my expensive mirrorless camera all the way up there and took a bunch of shots along the way and at the top. However, the one I liked the best is this cell phone shot that I took to share with Cheryl to tell her where I was. Without realizing it was from my cell phone, I included this in my "shots of the year". I always say it when asked, "It's not the camera. It's the eye and being in a good spot to get a good shot". Can't get this shot from the parking lot. So, the best "camera" is the one you have with you, even if it is just your cell phone. Those camera are getting better and better anyway. Anyway, cell phone or no, I like this shot of the mountains in the background and the view down the valley. Very cool place and thanks to Sam for taking me there.