Thursday, December 26, 2019

Shots of the Year--Sports

For me, sports shots are mostly about racquetball. The pros come into Chicago once or twice a year and this year was no exception. I got a number of great diving shots and the three shown here are my favorites. I also visited my niece, Emily, for a women's college baseball game in which she pitched for her Oberlin College team. Great game and a fun time for the family. I like that I got the ball between the fence hoops on its way to the batter. Hope to visit Oberlin itself this year for a home game. However, the sports shot of the year has to be in the competitive upside-down diving category, where my nephew Joe Davern, Jr., was the sole entry into the event. Got Joe Jr on his way down into the pool. I hope it wasn't a belly flop. That would be painful--but worth it for a shot of the year award.