Friday, April 24, 2020

Hotel Hotel: a second visit





One of my Facebook friends and fellow photographers, Anne, a wonderful shooter, suggested taking a shot I posted from a few days ago into a wider crop. I didn't think I had the original, but, voila, I found it and was able to work this building, stubborn as it was, into a larger crop. I think I like my original best but the crop above is not bad. I can get into it. The building still shows its character. That must have been some hotel or Hotel Hotel in the distant past.



The full shot of the building is also interesting but I think I have to get back too far to take in the whole building in the frame. I wonder if the two pigeons in the middle upstairs widows know anything about this old building? Oh well, it has been awhile, since I took the shot back in 2008 with my old Nikon D700.

The crop that I posted earlier in the week and the one that I used in a competition still is my favorite. I changed some of the colors in this shot to match a yellow/green theme that was part of the competition. So, it is cheating somewhat but that is photography. Don't believe anything you see.



I like this crop best still, although the square crop above is also nice. The building is a pain to edit as I think the lines in the building are not straight. I can't tell if it is the way I shot it or if the damn building was itself all crooked. Anyway, a couple of cropping choices. Which do you like best?