Sunday, April 5, 2020

Landscape Challenge--Mount Washington Hike

Another landscape shot for the landscape challenge. I have embraced this challenge with a twist. You are supposed to post a landscape shot without you in the picture, which of course is easy if you have been shooting landscapes for years, as I have been doing. My twist is to try to find something calming in nature as a lot of landscapes don't really give a sense of calm. So, that is my little twist. Can't be too dramatic. I need calm with the markets so volatile. So, this shot is from a little hike up Mount Washington--a little hike that almost killed me as I was not prepared to walk up a mountain for 4 hours straight. I would love to do this again now that I am in better shape--but also 9 years older as I took this shot in August 2011. Mount Washington is in New Hampshire and it is just beautiful up there, as you can see. Challenging hike. Definitely want to train for it next time. Love the play of light across the landscape in this shot. Enjoy the day.