Thursday, April 30, 2020

Street Views



Over the years of traveling, my style of photography hasn't included a lot of street photography. But I have taken some shots in that genre. I don't think I have any winning photography in this area and I don't think street leads to a lot of wall hanging pictures as compared to a landscape or fine art shots which can have a lot of broad interest. However, there are some classic and famous street shots that do fit that category. You have to look for some slice of life that tells a story. Quite hard to get actually. I haven't tried all that much to shoot street but I will in the future. Anyway, I thought I would group some street shots that I have taken over the years and present them together to help fit a story. To me, street shots fit better in a book format rather than one picture at a time. Hard to do a "shot a day" when you are shooting street as one shot could be part of a theme. These two shots, obviously, do have something in common and I knew it when I took the second of these two shots. I was looking at the colors when I took the shots and the shot on top from Navy Pier in Chicago, which was taken later, reminded me of the first one below, from a street scene in Philadelphia. As a stand alone shot, I like the bottom one better, but the two together are interesting---well at least to me.